By far the most popular and loved game amongst players, it is no surprise that slots make up the majority of PA casinos game libraries. Now that a few online casinos have launched in the state, players are seeing a number of online slots titles to choose from. From penny slots to high limit slots, to fixed and progressive jackpots, to themed games, here is everything you as a player will want to know about any online slot game in Pennsylvania.
PA Casinos Offering Online Slots
The following is a list of PA casinos that have been granted slot licenses and approved by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to offer a variety of free online slots. Since July 15th, when online casinos were legalized in the state, four casinos launched an online platform with numerous slots titles featured on each.
- Harrah’s Philadelphia
- Hollywood at Penn National
- Mount Airy - PokerStars
- Parx Casino
- Sands Bethlehem
- SugarHouse PA Casino
- Valley Forge
- Presque Isle Downs
- Mohegan Sun Pocono
All of the casinos online in PA so far have a mobile app attached that also features a wide variety of online slots, accessible so long as players stay within PA borders. All of the PA online casinos offer demo versions to allow players to try the games without risk, but also have the option to wager and win real money whenever they chose to. Mobile casinos do not have the storage space to carry as many games as the desktop sites, however, all still have something for each type of gambler.
Advantages of Playing Online Slots
There isn’t much of a difference between the slots in PA casinos and those online. The games are pretty well the same and a lot of the slots at PA land-based casinos will transition to the online casino. That being said, a lot of titles will be exclusive to online and offer players high-quality graphics and software that will fit perfectly on their desktop or mobile screen. Here are some advantages to playing online compared to going to a casino:
- Fast: It is much quicker to log into an online casino than to get out to a land-based one.
- Instead of walking around a casino trying to find a specific slot game to play, online players can change slots with the click of a button.
- Instant payouts.
- More slot games to choose from in online PA casinos.
- Players can play the online version of their favorite slot games from the comfort of their homes.
Types of PA Online Slots
Generally, there are two types of online slots players have to choose from; progressive slots and traditional slots.
Progressive slots, also known as jackpot slots, are almost identical to the traditional version except for one difference which is giving the player the chance to win a huge payout on a single spin.
The jackpots are made by pooling a small amount from each bet made on the machine into one large pool that is released when a lucky player hits it. Most of the time there are smaller jackpots also offered with the grand one and while these slots offer worse odds than traditional, the jackpot can climb into the millions of dollars.
Unlike a progressive slot, it’s very rare that a player will see a score in the six to seven-figure digits unless placing a large wager but that doesn’t mean they can’t win plenty of cash. Traditional slots will offer static jackpots instead of the dynamic progressive jackpots.
Popular traditional slots in PA include:
- Gonzo’s Quest
- China Shores
Online Slot Machines in PA
- Classic 3-Reel Slots - old school and original slot machine.
- Bonus Video Slots - combining classic slots with bonus games.
- Free Spins - a feature which allows a player to increase their winnings.
- Pick’ Em Bonus - one game where players pick their prize from a series of symbols.
- Buy a Bonus - allows players to buy their way into the bonus game.
- Themed Slots - games based on popular tv shows, movies, and musicians usually followed with top quality soundtracks and big jackpots to be won.
Paylines and RTP
Basically, the object of slots is to line up the symbols that appear on the reel and depending on the number of paylines the slot includes, it will determine how many ways a player can do so. A lot of slots allow players to increase their number of paylines as they increase their bet. While classic slots like 3-Reel are pretty straightforward, some slots like Bonus Video Slots can feature hundreds at a time, however many will offer the player the chance to see the paylines line up with a click of a button.
RTP is the Return To Player rate that comes from the percentage of how much money a game is taking in that will eventually pay back to players. It is not guaranteed that a player will get this money back or even win playing the slot, but for every $1 put into the game the slot will give back a percentage to someone.
House edge (what the casino makes on a game) is the opposite of RTP.
For example, a slot machine has an RTP of 95%. This means the house edge is five percent and casinos will keep this from every bet as time goes on. If a player puts in $300 playing the slot, $285 will go to paying back players but that doesn't necessarily include the player who put in the original $300.
Casinos are able to set the RTP on a slot and in order for a player to win, they must be on the right side of the games RTP.
Most Popular Slot Machines in PA
As we watch online casinos update and add to their game libraries, the following seem to be the hottest slot titles in the PA market right now:
- Willy Wonka Series - a group of five-reel and 40 payline video slots designed by WMS Slots.
- The Walking Dead Series - a group of six-reel, two-wheel, and 100 payline slots designed by Aristocrat Technologies.
- Clue - another design by WMS, the game features a free spins round, jackpot game, and bonus rounds.
- China Shores - a five-reel and 30 payline slot with a Chinese theme, designed by Konami.
- Zeus Series - a group of five-reel and 30 payline slots designed by WMS with a Greek Mythology theme.
- Quick Hit Series - designed by Bally Technologies this group features five-reel and 30 payline slots. The designer, Bally, has also released classic slot themes like Quick Hit Pro, Quick Hit Las Vegas, and Quick Hit Black Gold.
- Johnny Cash Ring of Fire - a slot dedicated to the musician, it features a three-reel and ten payline slots also designed by WMS. The grand jackpot adds up to more than $2500.
- Wonder Woman Wild/Gold - both designed by Bally Technologies, each machine has a 5x4 reel and 40 paylines.
- Monopoly Series - features a variety of different versions of slots including Movers & Shakers, Once Around, Monopoly Plus and Pass Go and designed by IGT, a part of IGT's Mega Jackpot series.
- Lightning-Link Series - Aristocrat designed slots with a series of progressive jackpots including Happy Lantern, Magic Pearl, Sahara Gold, and High Stakes, each with five reels and 50 paylines.
If a player hits the jackpot while playing at an online casino in PA, money should hit the account immediately. All PA online slots are monitored and tested by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to ensure fairness for all customers, so players should never worry about a game being rigged, as they all use a random number generator software.