Online Baccarat Guide PA
The game of Baccarat can be traced all the way back to casinos in Italy and France and within the last 30 years has become a favorite at casinos in the United States. With the launch of online gambling going live in Pennsylvania, the majority of online casinos will be offering Baccarat as one of the many table games for players to gamble on, along with online slots and online poker. Baccarat is played with two or three cards and the advantage is given to the player who chose the higher hand. The game has three possible outcomes of either a Player win, a Banker win, and a tie. It is one of the few table games that is all about chance, does not require strategy and is a traditional high roller game.
Aside from the classic, online baccarat can also be played as mini-baccarat or with a live dealer. Mini baccarat is great for new online players as they can make smaller bets on a smaller table and learn the rules without having to wager so much whereas live dealer baccarat is useful to online players who want the same experience as a land-based casino and play with real-life card dealing.
How to Play Baccarat Online
- The game is started by a player making one of the following bets: Player, Banker, or Tie.
- Once the bet has been placed, the Player and the Banker both receive two cards. If the hand in the Players hand is less than 5, they have no choice but to take a third card and this will be done automatically when playing online.
- In the end, the hands are compared and the one with the higher hand, either Player or Banker, wins.
10’s and face cards count as zero points and only the last digits of number cards are counted. So for example, if the Player hand is dealt a 5, a 7 and a King, then the total of the hand is 2 (5 + 7 = 12 but only last digit of number matters). If the Banker is dealt an 8 and 6 the sum is 14, which in online baccarat equals 4. The win now goes to whoever bet on the Banker's hand.
Winning Online Baccarat
Online baccarat is one of the easiest casino games to learn and play and comes with more than one way to win.
- Placing a bet on the Player hand and the hand wins, the wagerer now receives an even money payout from the bet and has no commission taken out.
- Placing a bet on the Banker's hand and the hand wins, the wagerer now receives an even money payout from the bet and minus a 5% commission to the house.
- Placing a bet on a Tie and the games in a tie, the wagerer receives the winnings from the original bet placed and does not lose anything.
Online Baccarat Strategy
Unlike online blackjack, playing online baccarat is purely about luck but there are a few things players can take notice of to help them when placing their bets and beating the odds.
- Always try to bet on the Player - While the Banker might have better odds, it comes with a loss of 5% for commission so players are likely to get less back.
- Always check the odds - Knowing the odds of a baccarat game before placing a bet is very helpful. While most online casinos only take a 5% commission from bets placed on the Banker, some casinos can take as much as 25%. Players should also be aware of the online casino's terms and conditions.
- Quit while you’re already ahead - If a player has reached a sum of profit from their original bet, better to stop before losing it all.
- Establish a time frame of play - House edge will get every player at some point, so it is better for those not to chase after their losses and if winning, playing short sessions will benefit the player in the long run.
- Manage money - It is important players always have money in their online bank account and not chasing their losses.
How to Find the Best PA Online Casino for Baccarat
As more online casinos start to go live in Pennsylvania, many will be offering popular table games like blackjack and baccarat. The following is a list of things players should look for before signing up to an online casino to play baccarat.
Big Welcome Bonuses
Welcome bonuses are one of the biggest ways online casinos can keep new players signing up to the site in the competitive industry of online gambling. New online baccarat players will receive offers of deposit bonuses which give them the chance to win extra free cash. Players should be aware of the fact that a lot of welcome bonuses come with playthrough requirements before the bonus is paid out into the player's online account, which can be found on the online casino page.
Safe and Secure Sites
Any online casino in Pennsylvania requires the basic personal information to set up a player's online account, which includes credit card information and Social Security Number. Players should choose an online casino that is well trusted with a good reputation which can be very easy to find in Pennsylvania. In terms of online baccarat, players want to ensure the site they are playing on has fair shuffling, random number generators, and proper software because these are the online casinos that are regularly monitored and fix bugs quickly.
Good Customer Support
Problems arise with online casinos all the time whether it be a poor connection or a player not understanding how their no deposit bonus works. Good online casinos should have around the clock customer service to aid online players and resolve any issues fast. It is recommended to stay away from an online casino that only has available customer service at certain hours and only during the day.